Welcome to the Flax Bourton Parish Council Website
The Parish Council
The village is made up of about 270 household and 540 electors. The precept (part of the council tax) is £22,000 for the coming financial year 2014/2015.
What we do
The Parish Council performs a number of functions under various statutes but representing residents on various local issues, developments and aspirations is the most important role for the Council.
Recent Council Involvement
The Parish Council is actively involved in a wide range of activities that have a direct impact on the lives of the people of Flax Bourton. In recent years these have included:
- The Village Hall, managed by the Council since 2006;
- Working on the Stancombe Quarry liaison group;
- Planning application monitoring - including the former MOD fuel dump site;
- Making appropriate representations regarding the development of the area and the Parish Plan;
- Assessing impact of the Localism Bill 2011 and potential benefit of preparing a Neighbourhood Plan;
- Working with the local parish primary school;
- Supporting our local youth group.
- Supporting residents with matched funding for additional playground facilities.
- Addition of two defibrillators
You can find out more about all these and our other activities on this website.
Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month in the Village Hall, commencing 7.30pm.
Clerk to the Council
Our clerk, Lorna Dukes, can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org / 0776 3031435
We have been advised by North Somerset Council they have received details from the Traffic Commissioners of changes to local bus services in our area. The changes start on 13th April 2014, and details are briefly summarised below.
Service X8: (Bristol to Clevedon via Long Ashton, Flax Bourton, Backwell, Nailsea and Tickenham) Intermediate running times revised.
Service X9/X10: (Bristol to Nailsea via Long Ashton and Wraxall) A new service X10 will be introduced which will follow the same route as the X9, however it will operate via Long Ashton. The X10 will be replacing some journeys on the X9 service.
Sign up to receive agendas and minutes directly.